SAE INDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International registered in India as Indian non profit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility industry in India.
SAE International established as the Society of Automotive Engineers, is a U.S. based globally active professional association and standards organization for engineering professionals in various industries. SAEINDIA headquarter at Chennai has more than 40000 members.
To Continuously Enrich Knowledge Base of Practitioners in Mobility Industry and Institutions in the Service of Humanity.
Individual Member driven society, members such as engineers, executives from industries, government officials, academics and students. Principal emphasis is given to transport industry such as automotive, aerospace and commercial vehicles.
SAE INDIA is a professional engineering society whose membership represents practically every engineering and scientific discipline. Its members combine their specialized abilities to further advance the research, development, design, manufacture and utilization of vehicles which operate on land, water, air and space.
By becoming a member of SAEINDIA you become a part of a global organization whose benefits are geared specifically to the needs of the mobility engineering community. Your formal education and professional development will be enhanced through your SAEINDIA member benefits.
SAE INDIA members gets a hell lot of advantage in terms of technical knowhow and also SAE INDIA gives them the exposure towards new innovation, technology and latest trending ideas that could shape the future world.
How to become a Member:
- As a student you need to register your college in SAE INDIA through the SAE INDIA website.
- Three grades of membership are there: Member grade, Associate grade, Affiliate grade.
- Who can participate: Engineering students, Professors, lectures, company employees etc.
- Then you need to form a club in your own college and make teams, after that you need to register for which event you need to participate and have to pay registration money for that event
- Now your team need to make a preliminary design report and give a presentation in the organised event held.
- After passing the preliminary stage now you need to build the actual prototype and need to participate with the fully integrated or assembled prototype for main event where other college teams would be participating.
- Different teams will compete with others in a track where they can show what different technology they have used in their vehicle and how well it executes.
Why should you join SAE INDIA:
- SAE INDIA is one of the few professional engineering societies whose membership represents practically every engineering and scientific discipline.
- Membership provides for regular members to have access to e-magazine – either Automotive Engineering International or Aerospace Engineering magazine.
- Members receive free registration at SAE INDIA’s lecture meetings and exhibits.
- SAE INDIA regularly plans and offers many career development activities such as job fairs, career enhancement sessions, resume/recruitment boards, and resume database services.