1. Which of the following engineering materials is the most suitable material for hot chamber die casting?
A) Low carbon steel
2. Which one of the following is a solid state joining process?
A) Gas tungsten arc welding
B) Resistance spot welding
C) Friction welding
D) Submerged arc welding
3. In electro discharge machining (EDM), if the thermal conductivity of tool is high and specific heat of work piece is low, then the tool wear rate and material removal rate are expected to be respectively
A) High and high
B) Low and low
C) High and low
D) Low and high
4. Which type of motor is NOT used in axis or spindle drives of CNC machine tools?
A) Induction motor
B) Stepped motor
C) DC servo motor
D) Linear servo motor
5. While cooling, a cubical casting of side 40mm undergoes 3%, 4% and 5% volume shrinkage during the liquid state, phase transition and solid state, respectively. The volume of metal compensated from the riser is
6. In the deep drawing of cups, blanks show a tendency to wrinkle up around the periphery (flange)
The most likely cause and remedy of the phenomenon are, respectively
A) Buckling due to circumferential compression ; increase blank holder pressure
B) High blank holder pressure and high friction ; reduce blank holder pressure and apply lubricant
C) High temperature causing increase in circumferential length ; apply coolant blank
D) Buckling due to circumferential compression ; decrease blank holder pressure